Christchurch campervan hire is great with Escape Campers. Our Christchurch office is centrally located in the heart of the city! We are within walking distance to all major shops & main roads.
PLEASE NOTE – if you booked a Travellers Autobarn Hitop/Kuga please click here for the right address!
Why visit Escape Campers office:
- 1. Campervan/car rental quotes
- 2. Pick-up & drop-off of Escape Campervan
How to get here from the airport
- There is a bus (482) which goes from Coonamar St/Sharps Rd. You will need to get off at Airport West Shopping Town/Louis St. From here you will need to walk to Matthews Avenue and take the Route 59 tram towards the City. Get off at stop 57-Hawker St. and walk for 2 minutes before turning right on King St. This journey will cost you approx. $5 and take around 45 minutes.
Alternatively there are many shuttle services that operate from the Airport - we recommend Steves Shuttles (freephone 0800 10 10 21) - just ask to go the Escape depot. Cost is $28-38 (cash) depending on how many passengers and takes around 20-30 minutes.
- There is unfortunately no airport train
- The best way to travel from the airport is by taxi. The journey will take you approx. 20-30 minutes and costs generally between $45-60.
How to get here from the city
- Walk or take a taxi - so much easier...
- There are not trains in Christchurch...
- A taxi from the city will take you approx. 5 minutes and cost you between $10 - $20.
- Start from Airport West Shopping Town/Louis St. From here you will need to walk to Matthews Avenue and take the Route 59 tram towards the City. Get off at stop 57-Hawker St. and walk for 2 minutes before turning right on King St. This journey will take around 10 to 20 minutes.
Closest Petrol Station
Mobil, 193 Madras St – just two minutes away. Pak’n’Save on Moorhouse Avenue also has its own petrol station and is also one minute away.
Closest Car Wash
Mobil, 193 Madras St – just two minutes away.
Countdown and Pak’n’Save, Moorhouse Avenue – both just two minutes away.
Nearby Caravan Parks
Christchurch Top 10 Holiday Park, Papanui – Approx. 20 minute drive from the Christchurch branch.
Amber Kiwi Holiday Park – Approx. 15 minute drive From the Christchurch branche.
Chamberlains Ford (Selwyn Council free campsite), Selwyn River, between Springston and Leeston – Nearest free campsite to Christchurch. Approx. 35 minute drive from the Christchurch branch.