We take our responsibility for protecting your data very seriously and we do advise you get to know our practices. If there is anything here you don’t understand, or if you want to ask any questions, please feel free to contact us.
Personal information is information or an opinion, in any form and whether true or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent or can reasonably be ascertained from the information or opinion.
There are further special provisions which apply to the collection of some personal information which is known as sensitive information. This includes health information and information about a persons’ race, ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of political, professional or trade associations, religious or philosophical beliefs, sexual preferences and criminal history.
Collection of Personal Information by Us
The kinds of personal information we collect and store will depend on what products and services you request from us. However, it may include (amongst other things):
- personal information you give us when you make a rental booking or request a product or service from us. This information may include your name, address, telephone numbers, e-mail address, credit card details, bank details, date of birth, passport details, drivers licence details, insurance cards & details, intended travel dates, place of departure, intended destination and whether you are an adult or a child;
- communications between you and us;
- transactional information about your use of our products and services; and
- if you are applying for a position, we will collect information as outlined in the section below titled “Employment Applications”.
- by our security surveillance cameras
- by electronic systems such as applications
- vehicle tracking through global positioning system and telematics to monitor the location, usage and servicing of your vehicle, including your speed, time, fuel consumption, distances travelled, locations visited.
The lawful basis under which we collect and process the personal information above is Legitimate Interests.
For all online transactions involving personal details we use a secure SSL connection (Secure Socket Layer) to protect this information. This encryption technology ensures that your details cannot be viewed or intercepted by third parties during the transfer process, making it even safer than making a booking over the phone.
Despite this, if you do not wish to transfer personal information or credit card details to us online you will not be forced to do so. You can pass these details on to us via the phone.
How your Personal Information will be used
We collect your personal information so that we can use it for our functions and activities, which include, amongst other things:
- processing your rental bookings and sales orders;
- being aware of any special travel requirements (health or otherwise) you may have;
- providing you with confirmation of your booking/order and advising you of any changes to your itinerary;
- confirming your identity when you check in;
- processing and considering your employment application (refer to “Employment Application” section below);
- addressing any feedback or complaints you may have;
- assisting Customs and Immigration officials;
- answering any queries you may have;
- improving the quality of the services we offer, and to better understand customers’ needs by requesting feedback, or reviews of the services provided, or sending survey forms;
- understanding the scale of the customer base; for statistical analysis and market research;
- any purposes for which it was requested and directly related purposes, and developing, improving and marketing our products and services;
- improving the organisations website so content is delivered more efficiently;
- recognising when people re-engage with our organisation; and
- protecting the organisations assets.
If you do not provide us with your personal information, we will be unable to do one or more of the above (including being unable to accept any bookings/orders).
If you also subscribe to our mailing list, we may e-mail to you updates about our products and services. If you do not wish to remain a subscriber to our mailing list or otherwise receive updates on our products and services, you are able to remove your details from the subscriptions list at any stage. Your details will not be forwarded to 3rd parties.
Exchange of Personal Information with Third Parties
Personal information we collect from you may be disclosed:
- to other members of a group of companies to which Travellers Autobarn belongs;
- Other businesses that are part of a single entity that trade under different names;
- to any entity to which we are required or authorised by or under law to disclose such information (for instance, law enforcement agencies and investigative agencies, courts, various other government bodies);
- to other airlines or travel-related businesses for the purpose of processing your travel arrangements (for example flights, accommodation bookings, car hire, travel insurance);
- to others that you have been informed of at the time any personal information is collected from you;
- to our business associates and others for purposes directly related to the purpose for which the personal information is collected;
- to airport management and security personnel;
- to our professional advisors and other contractors (for example IT consultants and mailing houses); or
- with your consent (express or implied), to others.
Such disclosure may include the transfer of your personal information between countries.
We may also obtain personal and other information from some or all of the above to enable us to provide our services or products to you. When we obtain personal and other information from third parties whom we are referred to by you, we will assume and you will ensure that you have made that third party aware of the referral of the persons and purposes involved in the collection, use and disclosure of the relevant personal or other information.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information by us
If we use or disclose your personal information for a purpose (the “secondary purpose”) other the main reason for which it was originally collected (the “primary purpose”), to the extent required by law, we will ensure that:
- the secondary purpose is related to the primary purpose of collection (and directly related in the case of sensitive information), and you would reasonably expect that we would use or disclose your information in that way; or
- you have consented to the use or disclosure of your personal information for the secondary purpose; or
- the use or disclosure is required or authorised by or under law; or
- the use or disclosure is otherwise permitted by law (for example, as a necessary part of an investigation of suspected unlawful activity).
We shall make all reasonable efforts to ensure that any third-party we disclose your personal data with is also compliant with data protection law.
Generally, the type of personal information we collect about you is the information included in your application, for example, your name, mailing address, telephone number, e-mail address, career history, education details or other information relating to your career.
In considering your application, we may also obtain personal information about you from third parties, for example, from your previous employers or nominated referees. We may also collect sensitive information about you such as information about your health (including any disability), driving history or any criminal record that you may have.
We collect personal information for any one or more of the following purposes:
- Assess you for a position or positions with us or our related entities;
- Assess whether you are suitable to progress to each stage of the recruitment process for a vacant position; or
- Store your information for future job opportunities.
If you do not provide us with the information we seek, we will be unable to do one or more of the above.
We may disclose your personal information to:
- organisations that conduct competency or psychometric tests;
- referees or previous employers;
- recruitment agencies or related entities acting on our behalf;
- our related entities;
- law enforcement agencies to verify whether you have a criminal record; or
- educational or vocational organisations to the extent necessary to verify your qualifications.
If we engage third party contractors to perform services for us which involves handling personal information we will take reasonable steps to prohibit the contractor from using personal information except for the purposes for which it was supplied.
Site visit information
When you visit our website, we and/or our contractors collect general information about your visit which may include your server address, the date and time of your visit, the pages you accessed, the information you downloaded and the type of Internet browser you used.
We and/or our contractors may use this information in anonymous, aggregated form, for statistical purposes only, to assist us in improving the quality and usability of our website.
This website uses Google Analytics (www.analytics.google.com) to collect visitor behaviour data. This data is collected anonymously to be used for marketing and optimisation purposes. All visitor data is saved using an anonymous user ID to aggregate a usage profile. Cookies may be used to collect and save this data, but the data remains strictly anonymous. The data will not be used to identify a visitor personally and are not aggregated with any personal data. The collection and storage of data may be refused at any time with respect to subsequent services.
Cookies are recognisable to our server if you enter our website, therefore making it easier and faster for you to search on our site. They also enable us to determine which of our pages are viewed most often. You can adjust your internet browser to reject the transfer of cookies to your system without reducing your ability to access our entire website.
Where will Travellers Autobarn store your Personal Data?
As a part of our standard business practices, we may transfer your personal data to organisations based in countries that have not been granted an adequacy decision under the General Data Protection Regulation.
How long will Travellers Autobarn keep you